Pediatric Bradycardia With a Pulse and Poor Perfusion Algorithm
This figure conveys the Pediatric Bradycardia With a Pulse and Poor Perfusion Algorithm. It includes a flowchart on the left and a table of related information to the bottom right. The flowchart consists of numbered boxes and hexagons linked together with arrows. It originates at the top with box number 1. This green box is titled, “Identify and treat underlying cause.” It is followed by five points:
- Maintain patent airway; assist breathing as necessary.
- Cardiac monitor to identify rhythm; monitor blood pressure and oximetry.
- I.O. or I.V. access.
- 12-Lead ECG if available; don’t delay therapy.
- Acutely altered mental status.
- Signs of shock.
- Support ABCs.
- Give oxygen.
- Consider expert consultation.
- Atropine for increased vagal tone or primary A.V. block.
- Consider transthoracic pacing or transvenous pacing.
- Treat underlying causes.